This is a full-time salaried position. Regular hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Attendance at selected evening meetings and evening / weekend special events is required. Working the Starlight Ball, the Spring Fundraiser, the Chairman’s Reception and other cultivation and fundraising events is also required.
Reports to: Development Director
Job Summary: The Development Associate provides support for the Development Department with a focus on database management, membership and special events.
- Maintain the donor database to ensure accuracy of records and proper communications to members.
- Enter donations in Audience View daily and generate related acknowledgements daily.
- Prepare deposit with accompanying AV report for that day for the Development Director and Finance Director.
- File a copy of the AV Daily Donations Report in the binder marked Daily Donations Report.
- Track Matching Gift fulfillment.
- Reconcile monthly department income/expenses with Development Director and Finance Director.
- Assist Development Director in preparation for meetings with donors by providing requested materials and giving history pulled from Audience View.
- Generate detailed reports of donors upon request.
- Track all development department expense receipts and reimbursements.
- Generate reports and mailing lists from Audience View for “on-sales” and in preparation for event mailings as needed.
- Pull lists from Audience View for renewal and lapsed members; coordinate emails and mailings monthly.
- Annually build the gift/fund codes for gifts in Audience View.
- Solicit items for auction at the Starlight Ball, Holiday Online Auction and Spring Fundraiser.
- Drive the Starlight Ball silent auction process with mailings and tracking.
- Coordinate with electronic bidding company for the Starlight Ball silent auction.
- Organize the Holiday Online Auction (income from which is part of the Starlight Ball).
- Respond to member inquiries promptly and efficiently.
- Take memberships over the phone.
- Facilitate and generate event mailing lists. (Including, but not limited to Business Breakfast, Starlight Ball, Spring Fundraiser, Membership Month, Chairman’s Reception, etc.)
- Work with Digital Content Manger to maintain up to date membership listing on the website www.mayoarts.org.
- Take minutes for Development team meetings, as well as for Starlight Ball and Development Committee meetings, and other development-related meetings.
- Generate donor roster lists from Audience View for program book, lounge posters, and any other department print materials.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Email Development Director monthly list of new and upgraded members.
- Maintain Department calendar with meeting notifications.
- Coordinate Business Card Drop winner with their tickets and lounge access.
- Work with Assistant Director of Development to cultivate members to establish MPAC’s Young Professionals and Patrons events.
- Other duties as requested.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to become proficient in the institution’s database, Audience View.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to become well versed in membership categories, levels and associated benefits.
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Must maintain good working relationships with development, as well as all staff members.
- Enjoys meaningful contact with the Theatre’s donor base.
Please send resume and cover letter to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration and Board Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Door Person/ Performing Arts School Assistant
MPAC is seeking a part-time Door Person/ Performing Arts School Assistant to greet, welcome, and assist arriving and departing students, guests, & staff as they enter and exit the facility.
Must be available for all of the following shifts, Starting March 2017:
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 3:30PM to 7:30PM and possibly
Saturday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Shifts may vary with class schedule and make-up classes.
- Setup student drop-off/pick-up & waiting areas.
- Assist Performing Arts School Coordinator with any additional set up needs.
- Monitoring the entrance for Drop-off/Pick-up at the street and at the end of each class.
- Welcome, greet, and open the door for each guest promptly with courtesy, eye contact, a smile, and good posture.
- Maintain traffic flow to allow accessibility of the entrance.
- Listen and respond to inquiries in a positive and friendly manner.
- Attend to and report any accidents or incidents to Performing Arts Coordinator immediately regardless of severity.
- Willing to clean any accidental spills or messes.
- Clean up any trash left at the end of the night and break down the drop-off/pick-up & waiting areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable, with and have prior experience working, with children.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for up to 5 hours without a break.
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
Please email resume with 3 references to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration and Board Relations, email@example.com , or FAX to 973-455-1607. Please include RE: Door Person in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
MPAC seeks a part-time cleaning person to help maintain and clean a 1300 seat performing arts center and its facilities on a daily basis for about 35 hours per week. Must be flexible to work days/evenings/weekends or when needed. Must be able to lift heavy boxes, and have knowledge of general facility maintenance and repairs. Other duties necessary as needed, assistance with parking and operations, such as running errands, etc.- must have a valid driver’s license. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to : 973-455-1607.
MPAC seeks an experienced Programming Manager to assist with booking and managing over 200 artists and events presented by MPAC each year. Duties include: artist research/booking/negotiation, contract administration, development of event budgets, event settlement, manage/coordinate programming calendar, liaison with various departments to coordinate marketing, ticketing and production details. Salary commensurate with experience. Send resume to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration, email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
General Job inquiries:
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to: Human Resources: Mayo Performing Arts Center, 100 South St., Morristown, NJ 07960
The Mayo Performing Arts Center is currently offering non-paying internships in various departments of their 1,300 seat Performing Arts Center, presenting over 160 performances throughout the year. Internships are available in: Development/Fundraising, Arts Education, Arts Management, House Management, Marketing/Public Relations and Production.
For application information and detailed job descriptions, please visit the internship page of our website or call 973.539.0345 x6558.