Box Office Associate
The Mayo Performing Arts Center in Morristown, NJ seeks a part-time, hourly, box office associate. Must have excellent customer service skills, be comfortable handling financial transactions and dealing with high pressure situations. Nights and weekends required. Bilingual a plus. Please submit resume and cover letter to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration and Board Relations, email@example.com.
This is a full-time salaried position. Regular hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Attendance at selected evening meetings and evening / weekend special events is required. Working the Starlight Ball, the Spring Fundraiser, the Chairman’s Reception and other cultivation and fundraising events is also required.
Reports to: Development Director
Job Summary: The Development Associate provides support for the Development Department with a focus on database management, membership and special events.
- Maintain the donor database to ensure accuracy of records and proper communications to members.
- Enter donations in Audience View daily and generate related acknowledgements daily.
- Prepare deposit with accompanying AV report for that day for the Development Director and Finance Director.
- File a copy of the AV Daily Donations Report in the binder marked Daily Donations Report.
- Track Matching Gift fulfillment.
- Reconcile monthly department income/expenses with Development Director and Finance Director.
- Assist Development Director in preparation for meetings with donors by providing requested materials and giving history pulled from Audience View.
- Generate detailed reports of donors upon request.
- Track all development department expense receipts and reimbursements.
- Generate reports and mailing lists from Audience View for “on-sales” and in preparation for event mailings as needed.
- Pull lists from Audience View for renewal and lapsed members; coordinate emails and mailings monthly.
- Annually build the gift/fund codes for gifts in Audience View.
- Solicit items for auction at the Starlight Ball, Holiday Online Auction and Spring Fundraiser.
- Drive the Starlight Ball silent auction process with mailings and tracking.
- Coordinate with electronic bidding company for the Starlight Ball silent auction.
- Organize the Holiday Online Auction (income from which is part of the Starlight Ball).
- Respond to member inquiries promptly and efficiently.
- Take memberships over the phone.
- Facilitate and generate event mailing lists. (Including, but not limited to Business Breakfast, Starlight Ball, Spring Fundraiser, Membership Month, Chairman’s Reception, etc.)
- Work with Digital Content Manger to maintain up to date membership listing on the website www.mayoarts.org.
- Take minutes for Development team meetings, as well as for Starlight Ball and Development Committee meetings, and other development-related meetings.
- Generate donor roster lists from Audience View for program book, lounge posters, and any other department print materials.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Email Development Director monthly list of new and upgraded members.
- Maintain Department calendar with meeting notifications.
- Coordinate Business Card Drop winner with their tickets and lounge access.
- Work with Assistant Director of Development to cultivate members to establish MPAC’s Young Professionals and Patrons events.
- Other duties as requested.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to become proficient in the institution’s database, Audience View.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to become well versed in membership categories, levels and associated benefits.
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Must maintain good working relationships with development, as well as all staff members.
- Enjoys meaningful contact with the Theatre’s donor base.
Please send resume and cover letter to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration and Board Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MPAC seeks an experienced Programming Manager to assist with booking and managing over 200 artists and events presented by MPAC each year. Duties include: artist research/booking/negotiation, contract administration, development of event budgets, event settlement, manage/coordinate programming calendar, liaison with various departments to coordinate marketing, ticketing and production details. Salary commensurate with experience. Send resume to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration, email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
General Job inquiries:
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to: Human Resources: Mayo Performing Arts Center, 100 South St., Morristown, NJ 07960
The Mayo Performing Arts Center is currently offering non-paying internships in various departments of their 1,300 seat Performing Arts Center, presenting over 160 performances throughout the year. Internships are available in: Development/Fundraising, Arts Education, Arts Management, House Management, Marketing/Public Relations and Production.
For application information and detailed job descriptions, please visit the internship page of our website or call 973.539.0345 x6558.