MPAC is seeking a Marketing Assistant with 1 -2 years experience to serve as support for its busy Marketing Department. Candidate should be a versatile self-starter who is an enthusiastic team player willing to assist in a variety of activities including:
- Conduct target audience research and create specialized outreach plans
- Preparation of email blasts and surveys
- Manage Google search campaigns and online event listings
- Coordination of street team volunteers
- Assists with show press releases
- Assists with digital marketing campaigns
- Promotes student discount program
- Maintains inventory of collateral materials
- Assists with advertising creative needs
- Presence at occasional weekend and evening events
- Other functions as needed by the department
Candidate must be comfortable working in Microsoft Office Suite, Google AdWords and Analytics, social media and digital platforms. Experience with Photoshop a plus. Please send resume and salary requirements to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration and Board Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant House Manager
MPAC is seeking a part-time Assistant House Manager to supervise and implement all front-of-house activities. Position will include also cross-training in various departments and assisting those departments as needed. Shifts will be scheduled based on the theatre’s calendar of events and on an as needed basis at the discretion of the Operations Director. Shift times can vary, but most performance shifts will occur on nights and weekends, and some day time hours will be needed for our school show performances.
- Setup and maintain one or more concessions and merchandise areas at performances.
- Assign volunteer responsibilities and manage a staff of (up to) 45 volunteers per performance.
- Ensure the theatre is fully prepared for patron needs at each performance.
- Concessions reconciliation and accounting procedures are necessary, at the beginning and end of all events, to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Supervisory skills to direct cleaning and parking companies on every performance.
- Open and oversee theatre lobby, greeting patrons entering the theatre.
- Handle all patron issues (ticketing conflicts, complaints, medical emergencies, etc.) in a positive and friendly and efficient manner.
- Compile and prepare performance reports for Management’s approval.
- Close up the theatre at the end of shift and ensure all patrons have exited and building is secure.
- Other duties required, as necessary, to ensure the successful implementation of events at the theatre.
- Assistant House Managers will be required to assist with bus traffic, and children’s safety for our school time shows. Also responsible to assist children in and out of the facility, greet chaperones/teachers/bus drivers upon arrival, and guide the students outside to waiting chaperones, teachers and guardians.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required; college degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills. Will provide training as mandated by Operations Department.
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel are necessary.
- Comfortable with handling and disbursing money; and operating/reporting on a POS system.
- Willing and able to work day/nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Comfortable with and prior experience working with the public.
- Previous management experience a plus.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 10 hours at a time.
- Ability to fix and repair seats, frames, light fixture replacements, and spot cleaning in between performances is a plus, but not necessary.
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Willing and able to pass a criminal background check.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. Please fax or email resume with cover letter and 3 professional references to Lee@mayoarts.org or 973-455-1607; Attn: Lee Kaloidis, Operations Director. Please include RE: Assistant House Manager in either subject line or cover page. Please no phone calls.
- Aid patrons with parking options and directions prior to performances.
- Familiarize yourself with Morristown’s parking options and local amenities.
- Handle parking complaints in a positive and friendly manner and help maintain a positive experience for all patrons.
- Collect money and be organized in doing so.
- Good customer service skills necessary
- Position requires being able to stand for up to four hours or more during shift.
- Criminal background checks required.
- Must be fluent in English
- Familiar with handling money
Please reply via email with:
- Brief explanation of your past work history and if you are a student or if this is a second job
Send resume to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
General Job inquiries:
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to: Human Resources: Mayo Performing Arts Center, 100 South St., Morristown, NJ 07960
The Mayo Performing Arts Center is currently offering non-paying internships in various departments of their 1,300 seat Performing Arts Center, presenting over 160 performances throughout the year. Internships are available in: Development/Fundraising, Arts Education, Arts Management, House Management, Marketing/Public Relations and Production.
For application information and detailed job descriptions, please visit the internship page of our website or call 973.539.0345 x6558.