Help us help you. If you have accessibility needs, questions or concerns, please contact the Mayo Center in advance of the performance you wish to attend and we will accommodate you in the best manner we have available. We are always looking to make your experience better and welcome your input.
For more information, please contact the box office at email@example.com, or 973-539-8008.
Thank you for considering Mayo Performing Arts Center as your entertainment choice.
Theatre Accessibility Information:
Mayo Performing Arts Center Exterior:
- The theatre is accessible with ramps and curb cut-ins.
- One of the three main doorways is equipped with automatic door opener
Click here to see a map of available parking spots near MPAC
- Lobby is all one level
- The box office has an accessible counter
- The main lobby bathrooms include accessible stalls and fixtures.
- Water fountains are accessible
- A Large Print Book describing current Art Upstairs Gallery exhibits is located at the concessions counter in the main lobby.
- There are 10 wheelchair locations throughout the orchestra level. Some of the locations in the orchestra can accommodate 2 wheelchairs. Please specify price when calling for seats. Companion seating is available. Note: Rows GCA, GCB, A and B are not available for certain performances due to stage configuration (check with box office). Click here to see the seating locations on our seating chart
- Balcony level is not accessible. There is no elevator to the Balcony level.
- Persons who use wheelchairs and are able to transfer may request an aisle seat in orchestra when purchasing tickets. Some seats are equipped with removable armrests.
- The orchestra and balcony have some aisle seats with removable armrests.
- Seating is also available for patrons with companion animals.
- Aisles on the orchestra level are barrier free.
Click here to view a seating chart with approximate ADA locations.
Assistive Listening Devices:
- Assistive listening devices are available at the concessions counter in the main lobby free of charge.
- Large print programs are available at the concessions counter in the main lobby.
Sign Language interpretation:
- Sign language interpreting and open-captioning available with sufficient advance notice.
Accessibility parking for the Mayo Center is on-street. Arrangements have been made with the local parking authority to set aside a number of spaces in front of the theatre. Metered parking is marked for accessibility parking two (2) hours prior to the start of the performance. Be advised that the meters are monitored and should be paid if required.
- New Jersey Transit bus line stop is located adjacent to the theatre.
- The theatre is approximately 1-2 blocks from the NJ Transit Morristown train station
- Tickets for all Mayo Performing Arts Center events and performances can be purchased over the phone 973-539-8008, on-line, or in person at the box office. (For NJSO events please call their box office directly at 800-ALLEGRO)
- When ordering a ticket for wheelchair seating or any other special circumstances, please advise our box office representatives of your needs at time of purchase so that we may best accommodate you.
- Box Office hours are Monday – Saturday 10 am to 6 pm and 2 hours prior to the start of all performances (including Sundays).
- We do not have a TTY number so we recommend using the 711 Relay service